Recently I got a commission for a digital dog portrait on a framed ceramic tile, the photo I was to work with was so poor I had doubts, big doubts that I would be able to make anything of it. But not wanting to give up even before I got started I gave it a go and began manipulating it between two graphics programs. The most difficult part was removing the graininess. Once that was done I used the blending and airbrush tools to bring out the highlights. This is the result, the customer was pleasantly surprised because I think she had doubts I’d be able to do it.
If you have a favorite but crummy photo of your pet that you would like to turn into a work of art on framed tiles I would love the challenge.